Reapplicant Advice - What schools to apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atdent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a re-applicant with Washington State residence, and I am looking to apply to more dental schools. I have limited application funds, so I'm reaching out for suggestions on what school I'd have the best chance at. Any additional advice is appreciated! I hope it's wise to apply now so I can matriculate following graduation from my grad program.

cGPA: 3.20
BCP GPA: 2.93
DAT: 19 AA
22 Perceptual
19 QR
17 RC
19 Bio
19 Gen Chem
23 Org Chem
Currently enrolled in: Tufts Masters of Biomedical Sci program from Aug-May 2018

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a re-applicant with Washington State residence, and I am looking to apply to more dental schools. I have limited application funds, so I'm reaching out for suggestions on what school I'd have the best chance at. Any additional advice is appreciated! I hope it's wise to apply now so I can matriculate following graduation from my grad program.

22 Perceptual
19 QR
17 RC
19 Bio
19 Gen Chem
23 Org Chem
Currently enrolled in: Tufts Masters of Biomedical Sci program from Aug-May 2018
What’s your graduate GPA?

22 Perceptual
19 QR
17 RC
19 Bio
19 Gen Chem
23 Org Chem
Most schools want to know you'll finish the master's before accepting you. Make sure you get everything done!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What’s your graduate GPA?
My coursework doesn't begin until August 13th, but I should have my grad grades by early winter. Another concern I have is that some schools won't consider pending masters coursework, and they'll just assess my application right then and there.

I’ve never worked in admissions, but common sense tells me that for your masters to have its max effect on your application, you’ll have to have finished it before you apply. Otherwise, like you said, it’s all just “pending.” Might as well say you have a pending 24+ DAT. As the saying goes, actions speak louder than words. Best of luck to you.

Big Hoss

My coursework doesn't begin until August 13th, but I should have my grad grades by early winter. Another concern I have is that some schools won't consider pending masters coursework, and they'll just assess my application right then and there.

Most schools will want X amount of credits or semesters before even considering your Master's coursework. And that's completed coursework, not pending.

So most likely your Master's grades will only net you Post Dec interview invites, assuming your current stats can't land you Pre-Dec.