reapplicant and grades question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omfgitscrystal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
So this is my second time applying and I retook a physics class that I had a C in during my undergrad and I got a B in the class..however, it's the calculus based class, not the algebra one that's usually done because the cc didn't offer it so I took it anyways as its accepted still.
I'm taking more this quarter as well. Do you think this will look differently on my application if it's not an A, even if it was a harder class (and believe me it was intense) ?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think schools will cut you any slack because you chose to take the calc-based physics instead of the algebra. Best case scenario is get an A in every pre-req, but at least you improved your C to a B. So there's that. But I would definitely mention this is the "how I improved my application" section and why you chose the calc-based.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it depends on the school. Some schools do not care if you take an advance course, all they care about is if you get a "competitive" grade, hint: "A." If a majority of your grades are awesome science, non-science, pre-req GPA then a B shouldn't be too bad. My advice to you, is to call the school/s and ask them so you know what you are working for. But then again, it doesn't hurt to try to go for A's.

Good luck!