Reapplicant or too late?

Started by eagle311
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eagle311

eagle211
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All, I could really use the advice of my fellow SDNer's..

I applied this past cycle, D.O. only, pretty late because I took my MCAT in early October (complete Dec-ish, some Feb-ish). I applied very broadly to about 17 schools and ended up with 5 II (declined one at WCU b/c I could not afford it): UNECOM(waitlisted), PNWU(should hear this week), CUSOM(rejected), and ACOM(II this week). I will be contacting schools to see what my weaknesses are once I hear back from them about all II's.

Stats: CA resident/Non-Trad/Psych Major/URM female 3.5 cum/sci gpa with 501 MCAT. I have tons of clinical experience and I am currently working as a respite provider w/kids with autism.

Issue #1: I started my science prereqs in 2009 (graduated with B.A. in 2012) and I fear they will not be valid this next cycle because it has been such a long time since..

Issue#2: I am not sure if I should drop $1300 on UNECOM's online Bchm course that I need just for a small chance of getting off the waitlist. UNECOM is a great school and I would be ecstatic to go there but i'm not sure if it's worth the 1300$ being that I also live in CA and would be far from home. Is it worth it??

Issue#3: I did not anticipate having to reapply (i know 🙁 ) so I have not really done anything new since...I'm probably going to shadow another D.O. and take a cheaper Biochem course elsewhere just to stay on top of material...though I do not have any new LOR's. Is it possible to reapply with the same LOR's??

Please Please help. Any advice/tips would be appreciated thank you!!