Reapplicant Personal Statement and Secondary Essay Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You're My Boy Blue

Second Time's a Charm
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When reapplying to schools do I need to completely rewrite my PS and secondary essays? I'm sure the applications haven't changed much over the past year and I don't believe that my answers will have changed either. Will adcoms look down on my application for submitting similar answers? Also, they view thousands of apps every year, will they even notice?

Members don't see this ad.

When reapplying to schools do I need to completely rewrite my PS and secondary essays? I'm sure the applications haven't changed much over the past year and I don't believe that my answers will have changed either. Will adcoms look down on my application for submitting similar answers? Also, they view thousands of apps every year, will they even notice?

While I don't think they will notice, if something else hasn't changed significantly, I would rewrite them. The last ones didn't get the job done for whatever reason and if asked, it shows you took the time to put up the best application you could each year. I rewrote mine three times.

Thanks! Yeah, I wouldn't reapply without changing something significant. I've added about 100 hours of clinical volunteering and am taking an SMP. Hopefully this will give me the last bump that my app needs.