Reapplicant School List

Started by ndcpjf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ndcpjf

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,

I haven't really seen this question asked/answered in any posts yet. I'm going to be reapplying not this cycle, but the cycle after. I received a few Pre-II 'Holds' on my application in my past cycle. I understand that these are pretty much rejections but would it be a good idea to reapply to these schools given that they didn't reject me outright? Any thoughts? Thanks.
 
I would treat those schools any differently than schools that rejected you. Between this cycle and the next time you apply, you'll be adding 2 years worth of experiences. If you believe those experiences are enough to make you competitive at a school that previously rejected you, then reapply to that school.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
 
I agree with above poster. My first time I applied I received a pre II hold (eventual rejection) at a particular school and actually received an II and acceptance to that school this cycle lol