Reapplicant submitted primaries but not secondaries, completely change PS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zulu--Warrior

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am a reapplicant, however, I did not submit my secondaries and was wondering if I needed to completely change my personal statement. I have a strong overall Application, and I like my PS.

Most forums have said to re-do PS for those who are reapplying. However, If I never Submitted my secondaries do I still need to start my personal statement from new?

Thanks in advance!
 
The conventional wisdom says write it again. disclaimer: I'm a premed and a re-applicant... but it's my understanding that the personal statement essay cannot ever be perfect and only improved on. It is also a living breathing thing. As you develop so should the essay that tells medical schools who you are. This doesn't mean throw the old one in the garbage, just improve it and add to it.