Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I got hammered this final semester.

My GPA fell to a 3.55 (3.44 SGPA) from a 3.72 (3.62). I received an F in a single Honors capstone course which was required for Honors but nothing else. Basically, for two semesters, I had a 17+ credit course load with a fire department. The GPA for these two semesters was a bit lower than the rest, but my GPA was resilient enough not to plummet. I'm currently retaking the MCAT and aiming for a marked improvement of about 6 points to 36 from 30 as a result of this hammering. I'm hoping to at least get into my state school which has a higher GPA (3.7ish?) and a 31 MCAT average.

I'm a graduate as well. I will be working on said school's campus as a clinical researcher under one of the school's professors.

How well do you guys think this will go? Will my state school fall into Reach at this point or not?

Members don't see this ad.

I think if you can score at least a 33 on the MCAT retake, your state school will be within reach for you.

Thanks for taking the time to dive into my thread. I thought I was going to have to dumpster dive to update it for sure! Anyways, getting my AMCAS tomorrow or day after =3.