reapplicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillhappy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if you reapply, is it bad to reuse old recommendations? I'm just wondering because what if I graduate and reapply? I wouldn't be taking any new courses, so I wouldn't have any new professors to ask for LOR.

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm trying to come up with a new list of potential recommenders for this summer, since I'll be reapplying as well. Well, I've asked a general bio professor to write me one a couple of times (the first time I tried to apply without my bachelor's)...and I guess I don't want to use him again for next year if I don't get accepted this year.

Some schools will let you re-use LORS from the previous admissions cycle and some will not. If you don't get in, let your recommenders know, and that way you can give them warning that you would like to request a recommendation from them again for the next cycle.

My advice is to get a "fresh" LOR. That way, your recommenders can address what you've done to improve your application, as well as comment on how you are dedicated to pursuing pharmacy.