Reapplication Buddies-March

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorsean

doctorsean
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok guys I know this is a day early, but I have big news and couldnt wait to start the new thread. i went to my mail box today and found in it a Large letter in my mail box from the univ of il(my home state). iyou guessed it it was my letter of acceptance!! i am still in disbelief about it here though. i am excited yes, but more in shock. its been a long and scary trip. so troops keep your heads up b/c there is hope out there. i am off to an interview here at tulane on thurs and with this acceptance i can enjoy my time on bourbon street before the interview, also since i have heard their class is full and i am only interviewing for a wait list spot. so bourbon street here comes dr. sean.
hang in there kids we are almost there. happiness is in a large envelope in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! :clap:

I just made the decision to reapply, even though I'm waitlisted. I just want to cover my bases. That's as far as my plan has gotten. I just thought I'd check into this forum, and saw your good news.

How inspiring. :)

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SUPER STAR, YOU!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
:D That's so awesome, doctorsean!! :thumbup:

That's fantastic YOUR GONNA BE A DOCTOR!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Big congrats, doctorsean!! You made it!!

BH

doctorsean said:
ok guys I know this is a day early, but I have big news and couldnt wait to start the new thread. i went to my mail box today and found in it a Large letter in my mail box from the univ of il(my home state). iyou guessed it it was my letter of acceptance!! i am still in disbelief about it here though. i am excited yes, but more in shock. its been a long and scary trip. so troops keep your heads up b/c there is hope out there. i am off to an interview here at tulane on thurs and with this acceptance i can enjoy my time on bourbon street before the interview, also since i have heard their class is full and i am only interviewing for a wait list spot. so bourbon street here comes dr. sean.
hang in there kids we are almost there. happiness is in a large envelope in the mail.

Congrats on your big fat envelope from UIC.
I got my big fat envelope from them in December and am
so happy I reapplied this year.
Hope you had fun in Naaaaaawlans.

You Rock DoctorSean!!! Get your celebration on!

doctorsean said:

CONGRAT!!! I hope I get the same sort of news soon! Come on UDUB give me some love!!! :love:

doctorsean said:

Congrats Dr. Sean (for real now too!!!)

May I suggest the "Hand Grenade" from Bourbon St. Comes in a real sweet cup. Enjoy the party - doesn't matter what night. Get some beads, give some beads, cause who cares now, you're gonna be a doctor!!!

again congrats - and to all those still waiting (like me!) just look at Dr.Sean - it's possible. Good luck!!!!

-waitman

Congrats! If you're in Chicago, I'll see you in the fall!

doctorsean said:
badazz dude. that's awesome. congrats.

Yeah doctorsean! Congratulations to you. It is an amazing feeling.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorsean said:

Congrats DocSean,

:thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: You've made it! I hope your acceptance rubs off on the rest of us :laugh: By the way,....Thanks for starting this month's thread for me!!! I'm just getting back from a very intense conference, and did my heart good to see that things are moving along quite nicely here. Good luck on the interview as well. I'm so proud of all of you guys! Well, gotta go and get to work, but I'll be checking in soon.

Peace,
mrsmac

doctorsean said:

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, you made it!! You're gonna be a DOCTOR!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm finally done with my interviews (went to the last one last thursday). So, now I get to sit back and WAIT. I'm expecting my first decision this week though. Please God, let it be an acceptance!! :love:

Gluck to everyone still waiting for an acceptance (like myself). It's not over yet!! :luck:

So I now have a choice to make! I just got into Albany :D I'm speechless.

Buddies, if I can do it, anyone can!

ma-bas said:

You go girl! :cool: :clap:

BlueMagpie said:
You go girl! :cool: :clap:

Thanks BlueMagpie.

It has been 6 months between acceptances. It is kinda unreal. I have had all this time to calm down after my first acceptance and I have the excitement/nervousness all over again. I'm kinda in shock.

ma-bas said:

Oh Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Reapplication buddies Rock! Great job ma-bas! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: Anyway, I'm in the middle of a stressful time here at work, so you guys are really encouraging to me. 6 months is a long time to wait, but I know it is worth it. I'm proud of you
ma-bas!.

peace,

mrsmac

Ma-bas: Rock on! Glad to hear of your Albany acceptance. Do you think you'll go there over NJMS? Big congrasts either way!!

Mrsmac & all others still waiting -- here's to getting good news soon. March and April are the months. I'm still waiting on my first choice. Fingers crossed!!

Hugs to all,

BH

Thanks mrsmac and BH!

I'm actually choosing b/w UMDNJ-SOM and Albany, but I am almost decided on Albany. Despite the high tuition, it is a better fit for me, my husband and our situation. At this stage in the game, with no more interviews, I doubt anything else will happen.

A lot will shake out in the next month or 2. I am confident that everyone of the buddies will find their home.

ma-bas said:
Thanks BlueMagpie.

It has been 6 months between acceptances. It is kinda unreal. I have had all this time to calm down after my first acceptance and I have the excitement/nervousness all over again. I'm kinda in shock.

THATS INCREDIBLE!!!!! :wow:
YAY! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm still waiting on my top choice but the word is I'll probably be waiting until June. It's amazing the power these schools have over its applicants and how sadistic they are with it.

Hey buddies,

Just wanted to bump this thread and see what's going on. Congrats ma-bas! It's awesome to get to choose between schools! :) :thumbup:

Still haven't heard from any of my schools post-interview. Getting really depressed now because I'm tired of waiting and I feel like everyone around me - family, friends, and bf included - have grown tired of hearing me complain about this process. I understand them because I can't think or talk about anything but med school... and it must be really boring for all of them. But, damn, they should understand my situation too. :(

Anyone has good news to cheer me up? :oops:

KiKat37 said:
Hey buddies,

Just wanted to bump this thread and see what's going on. Congrats ma-bas! It's awesome to get to choose between schools! :) :thumbup:

Still haven't heard from any of my schools post-interview. Getting really depressed now because I'm tired of waiting and I feel like everyone around me - family, friends, and bf included - have grown tired of hearing me complain about this process. I understand them because I can't think or talk about anything but med school... and it must be really boring for all of them. But, damn, they should understand my situation too. :(

Anyone has good news to cheer me up? :oops:

Hi KitKat!

I have no advice but wanted to just give you a little luv.

You are still very much in the game, if you haven't heard post-interview, especially since it is more than 1 school. I know it sucks to wait, but don't get depressed yet. You need to be putting good energy out into the universe. We are all better, smatter applicants this time around, and I am sure it will pay off for you. Hang in there!

Kit Kat,

I feel your pain. I got my first rejection letter yesterday. It was from Wright State. The odd thing was that I felt good just knowing something. The waiting is killing me as well. Last year I applied there and never heard anything after my secondary, so maybe I'm improving! :laugh: Well, I'm not too depressed, I've got too more schools to hear from and spring has just begun. I'd rather be on a waitlist than rejected. At least you still have some thread of hope. Well, I'm going on vacation starting Friday, so maybe I'll return next week to find two acceptance letters in my box. If anything, it will help me to forget about this process for a week. Take care buddies, and I'll start next month's thread when I get back.

Peace,
mrsmac

Hang in there reapplicants. I just got my acceptance letter to RFU/CMS! My 10-year delay was not a denial, and God is oh so GOOD. Keep the faith, and keep on striving!!!

CRY2STAL said:
Hang in there reapplicants. I just got my acceptance letter to RFU/CMS! My 10-year delay was not a denial, and God is oh so GOOD. Keep the faith, and keep on striving!!!

Cry2stal that's absolutely wonderful!!!!

:D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Buddies,

I made it! I got in!!! I'm gonna be a DOCTOR!!!!! :" D

I got the thick letter from Penn State yesterday and I haven't been able to stop smiling since then. It was probably the happiest moment of my life! What a great feeling!! I will NEVER have to take physics again or worry about the MCAT... I still can't believe it though. It seems so unreal. I have dreamed of becoming a doc since I was a little kid and it's actually going to become true now! I am so EXCITED!!! I already went out to celebrate last night, slept all day today to recover ( :laugh: ) but the feeling is not wearing off.

Thank you so much for listening to all my complaints and supporting me through this horrible process. You are wonderful people!

Cry2stal, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbup:

Mrsmac, sorry about the rejection. :( I know it's hard, but don't let it get to you. Enjoy your vacations for now. I'll pray that you find 2 acceptances in your mail box when you come back. :)

big congrats to you there. i knew you would make it. all you need is a little faith and patience and it will all work out. now just enjoy the rest of your spring and summer, doing absolutely nothing and get you head on straight for next year. i already have 2 trips planed this summer and am working on more. all i want to do this summer is travel, tan, and relax b/c the next 4 yrs will yield little time for that. so congats to you there, adn the rest of the buddies, hang in there you are all still in the game. wait list is not a rejection, tons of ppl get in off the wait list, just be patient and bombard the admissions committe with updates showing your interest in the school.
good luck to all and a very happy easter, may the bunny bring many thick letters in the mail.

2tall said:
Cry2stal that's absolutely wonderful!!!!

:D :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you 2tall!!! I really appreciate it!

A

KiKat37 said:
Buddies,

I made it! I got in!!! I'm gonna be a DOCTOR!!!!! :" D

I got the thick letter from Penn State yesterday and I haven't been able to stop smiling since then. It was probably the happiest moment of my life! What a great feeling!! I will NEVER have to take physics again or worry about the MCAT... I still can't believe it though. It seems so unreal. I have dreamed of becoming a doc since I was a little kid and it's actually going to become true now! I am so EXCITED!!! I already went out to celebrate last night, slept all day today to recover ( :laugh: ) but the feeling is not wearing off.

Thank you so much for listening to all my complaints and supporting me through this horrible process. You are wonderful people!

Cry2stal, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbup:

Mrsmac, sorry about the rejection. :( I know it's hard, but don't let it get to you. Enjoy your vacations for now. I'll pray that you find 2 acceptances in your mail box when you come back. :)

way to go!!! i am feeling exactly what you described! Our dreams are being realized!

doctorsean said:
big congrats to you there. i knew you would make it. all you need is a little faith and patience and it will all work out. now just enjoy the rest of your spring and summer, doing absolutely nothing and get you head on straight for next year. i already have 2 trips planed this summer and am working on more. all i want to do this summer is travel, tan, and relax b/c the next 4 yrs will yield little time for that. so congats to you there, adn the rest of the buddies, hang in there you are all still in the game. wait list is not a rejection, tons of ppl get in off the wait list, just be patient and bombard the admissions committe with updates showing your interest in the school.
good luck to all and a very happy easter, may the bunny bring many thick letters in the mail.

thanks doc sean...i am with you on relaxing!

Thanks guys! I'm very jaleous of everybody's relaxing plans! Unfortunately, I'll have to spend the summer writing/finishing my thesis, which probably won't be over until the beginning of August. So, I'll get *one week* of vacations at best before med school... But, hey, nothing can make me sad right now! :D

Best of luck to all of you still waiting! Good news will come! :luck:

Wow! March has been a great month for reapplication buddies. Congrats to Doctorsean, CRY2STAL, and KiKat!! Doesn't it feel grat to finally be an M0? Kikat, I'm especially jealous because I loved Penn State and am still hoping to hear from them.

mrsmac, don't get down on the rejection. My first interview this time around was a flat out rejection, and I thought that was a bad omen. Now I've just gotten my third acceptance (CRY2STAL, I may be seeing you at RFU/CMS).

There are still places out there. And over the next month, there will be a lot more spaces opening up as people give up their multiple acceptances. Send in your updates and letters of intent. This cycle isn't over yet.

Congrats to everyone! Who knew that one year of failure could lead to a subsequent year of success!!! Just feeds the love/hate relationship I have with the med school admissions process ;)

There's still hope! It' ain't over 'til the fat lady sings in July/August!

Congratulations KitKat!!!!!!!!! And CRY2STAL too!

I am so unbelievably happy for you.

Enjoy your vacation mrsmac!

Congrats to those who just got in!!

KiKat: I'm so happy for you. I saw your posting a few days ago in the Allo forum, and it gave me a big smile. Your patience and perseverance are an inspiration. I've only heard good things about Penn State -- you're going to do great!!

Hang tight everyone & take care,

BH

Thanks again everybody! You guys are really amazing!! :love:

Jetskigirl, I'll cross my fingers and pray that you hear good news from Penn State soon. It would be awesome to have you as a classmate! Keep sending them LOIs. They really work at Penn State. That's how I got off the "continue to review" pile. Best of luck! :luck:

Thanks for the love jetskigirl! I am so psyched...I just got my email rejection from my top choice, but all I can do is say--you only need ONE, and I got it at RFU.

I hope to see you there jetskigirl, but if not, let's all remember how hard we worked to get in, WHY we worked so hard to get in, and never ever forget to be grateful for the opportunity to be a physician. It is truly a privilege, and when I read the re-applicants forum, I am constantly reminded.

And for all of you still waiting...keep the faith and DO NOT GIVE UP...Again, this was fourth time applying and life experiences count. Keep living and keep striving--IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU!