Reapplication-Should I re-write the description of my extracurricular experiences?

Started by applydon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

applydon

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I decided to re-apply to DO medical schools this year. I have re-written my personal statement. However, I don't know if I should re-write the descriptions of my extracurricular activities. If I copy the description from my last year application, will it hurt my application?
 
I don't think schools would remember and I don't know that they would necessarily care even if they looked. Again, like it has been said, they care more about how different of a candidate you are now. What have you done to show the ADCOM that you are a better candidate now and more deserving for a spot in their school.

Good luck. I would think that re-writing your ECs would not be necessary, however that doesn't mean you couldn't have someone look over them again in case there are some improvements that could be made.