Quantcast

Reapplication-Should I re-write the description of my extracurricular experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

applydon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to re-apply to DO medical schools this year. I have re-written my personal statement. However, I don't know if I should re-write the descriptions of my extracurricular activities. If I copy the description from my last year application, will it hurt my application?

baxt1412

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think schools would remember and I don't know that they would necessarily care even if they looked. Again, like it has been said, they care more about how different of a candidate you are now. What have you done to show the ADCOM that you are a better candidate now and more deserving for a spot in their school.

Good luck. I would think that re-writing your ECs would not be necessary, however that doesn't mean you couldn't have someone look over them again in case there are some improvements that could be made.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.