Reapplication-Should I re-write the description of my extracurricular experiences?

applydon

5+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
I decided to re-apply to DO medical schools this year. I have re-written my personal statement. However, I don't know if I should re-write the descriptions of my extracurricular activities. If I copy the description from my last year application, will it hurt my application?

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2013
Status
Medical Student
It's always safe to have someone look over your EC description for review. But more often then not I think it's how your ECs have changed since the last time you applied.

baxt1412

5+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2012
Status
Medical Student
I don't think schools would remember and I don't know that they would necessarily care even if they looked. Again, like it has been said, they care more about how different of a candidate you are now. What have you done to show the ADCOM that you are a better candidate now and more deserving for a spot in their school.

Good luck. I would think that re-writing your ECs would not be necessary, however that doesn't mean you couldn't have someone look over them again in case there are some improvements that could be made.