Reapplying & Hopkins masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ratiolab

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've been accpeted to a one year master of health science program at Johns Hopkins (in the school of public health in cancer and reprod. bio).
I am trying to figure out if I should go here or accept another research position. I alreayd have many years of research expereince and a few publications.

I've been waitlisted at one med school and want to somehow make my application better. My undergrad grades were fine, my MCAT wasn't the best, but my EC's and work experience are great.

Does anyone think this program would be as helpful as an SMP (like at Georgetown or BU)?

I've read many forums on here about the effectiveness of a masters for people re-applying - but i thought i'd throw this out there and see what people thought of my specific situation.
any thoughts people have would be really helpful.
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone have any have advice or thoughts??
If I apply again and dont get in - will this masters mean anything?
I could really use some help figuring out what to do.

I did the Hopkins masters program and got into medical school. This is a really good program and allowed me to prove that I could excel in higher level science courses. Without the program I had a very slim chance of getting into medical school with an average MCAT and poor undergraduate grades. The program helped prepare me to study the way medical schools expect, which definately gave me an advantage. Let me know if you have anymore questions about specifics on the program or Baltimore. Good luck on your decision.