Reapplying Non-trad student. Help.

Started by morquelp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

morquelp

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I’m a non traditional student reapplying.

My first application cycle was in 2022 where I did not get any interviews.

I started undergrad in 2013 and was academically suspended in 2015. After that I went to community college year round 2017 and got all As, and then went to school all year round in 2018 and 2019 and got a BS in chemistry December 2019.I worked in COVID labs post graduation and got a 518 in my MCAT in 2021.

Because of my lack of experience I spent 2022-2024 working at nursing homes and as a clinical technician at hospitals, as well as shadowing physicians.

In 2024-2025 I completed an MBA.



My stats:

Clinical experience: ~3500 working full time nursing home + technician at hospital.

Volunteering: ~100 hours at food pantrys, church, food delivery.

Shadowing: ~60 shadowing phychiatry and surgery.

Research: 0

Combining academic suspension school, community college and undergrad:

Cum GPA: 2.8 Cum sGPA: 2.7

GPA at school where I earned my degree, no academic suspension or CC:

GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 3.2

Graduate School MBA GPA: 3.8

Retook MCAT in 2025: 513



Any advise for my chances or school list?
 
Hi all!

I’m a non traditional student reapplying.

My first application cycle was in 2022 where I did not get any interviews.

I started undergrad in 2013 and was academically suspended in 2015. After that I went to community college year round 2017 and got all As, and then went to school all year round in 2018 and 2019 and got a BS in chemistry December 2019.I worked in COVID labs post graduation and got a 518 in my MCAT in 2021.

Because of my lack of experience I spent 2022-2024 working at nursing homes and as a clinical technician at hospitals, as well as shadowing physicians.

In 2024-2025 I completed an MBA.



My stats:

Clinical experience: ~3500 working full time nursing home + technician at hospital.

Volunteering: ~100 hours at food pantrys, church, food delivery.

Shadowing: ~60 shadowing phychiatry and surgery.

Research: 0

Combining academic suspension school, community college and undergrad:

Cum GPA: 2.8 Cum sGPA: 2.7

GPA at school where I earned my degree, no academic suspension or CC:

GPA: 3.3 sGPA: 3.2

Graduate School MBA GPA: 3.8

Retook MCAT in 2025: 513
 
Previously,
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Previously,
Yes, I sincerely appreciated your feedback then. It was a wake up call I needed. I spent the year finishing my MBA and doing more volunteering and shadowing. Even reading that post from last year I cringe due to seeing how off my attitude was.
 
You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest all these:
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
DUQCOM
MERITUS-COM
LECOM (all schools)
OCOM
BCOM (both schools)
LMU-DCOM (all schools)
BUCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM
ILLINOIS-COM (new school)
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
ICOM
any new schools that open (Northern Colorado, D'Youville)
 
You could receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest all these:
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
DUQCOM
MERITUS-COM
LECOM (all schools)
OCOM
BCOM (both schools)
LMU-DCOM (all schools)
BUCOM
ACOM
WCU-COM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
UIWSOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM
ILLINOIS-COM (new school)
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
ICOM
any new schools that open (Northern Colorado, D'Youville)
Thank you. Looks like DO is my best bet.