reapplying to residency- have the deadlines passed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheruka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been rather unfortunate at my new residency (I am an FM intern). I got good evals in everything except inpatient and I don't think I can fix the situation. It has nothing to do with my personality or character or ethics. It is just the work environment we are in. Anyhow, I am considering applying again for 2014, via AOA this time. Does anyone know if the deadlines have already passed for the match registration for AOA? Also, how do you reapply to DO programs? Do you just use ERAS? IS there a "Oasis" equivalent?
Thanks for any help. I am so exhausted from working 80 hrs each week for the last 5 weeks, I am not sure if I even have the energy to google this stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

Realistically, I doubt you will have any chance to apply to the AOA match this year. Rank lists are due Jan 24th. I expect most programs will finish interviewing the first or second week of January, or perhaps even in December. If you haven't even started ERAS yet, that will take some time to get all of your information in and uploaded. Plus, it's likely that many programs have simply stopped looking at new applications if their interview spots are full, or if they have an application deadline (which is defined by each program).

Last, if you had trouble with the inpatient portion of an ACGME FM residency, it's possible that an AOA FM residency might be worried you'd run into the same trouble. Perhaps it is a "program" issue and that a chance to start again in a new program will solve your problems, but perhaps not and you'll need to convince an AOA program to take a risk on you.

You might want to consider getting everything ready for the AOA scramble.