Time difference!! Missed the deadline! Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monisha

Reaction score
Hi,

I moved to California from Texas a few days ago to take care of my brother who had fallen sick. I didn't realize that Cali had a different time zone than Texas and missed my 9:00 pm deadline for ranking. Thought I had an hour left before I made my final decision - battling between the top two spots). Does anyone know if NRMP allows to re-certify under special circumstances? Such as this!! This was an honest mistake!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I moved to California from Texas a few days ago to take care of my brother who had fallen sick. I didn't realize that Cali had a different time zone than Texas and missed my 9:00 pm deadline for ranking. Thought I had an hour left before I made my final decision - battling between the top two spots). Does anyone know if NRMP allows to re-certify under special circumstances? Such as this!! This was an honest mistake!!
did you at least have a certified rank list? that at least will be valid.

Have you not lived in the US long?

I doubt it, but would call NRMP and ask.

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted the support team on NRMP (phone and email) But they said that I cannot make any changes now!! Too bad! Do you know if I can contact the manager of NRMP ? Would that be a violation?

Yes. My rank list was certified!! Thank you for asking.