Reapplying with Old Letters of Rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blanctu

Reaction score
I tried applying last cycle, but due to my low OAT scores I did not receive any offers. I am currently studying to aim for a higher score so I can reapply.

Is it bad taste to ask those who gave me a letter of Rec if they can send the same letter? Should I offer to shadow/volunteer them again? Or should I try to get new Letters of Rec by new people, which would be kind of hard due to these crazy Corona times.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Just be upfront with your LOR writers and explain what happened and why you are a better candidate now. I'm sure they'll be willing to understand.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't reapply with last LOR? Do I have to request for new LOR if I want to apply for next cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
They don't save old LORs so you have to ask for them again. I was in the same situation and just explained to them straight up that I didn't get in and what I did to strengthen my application. Everyone was willing to rewrite it/change it up a bit ^_^

Reactions: 1 user
oh wow I didn't know that. If I were to reapply for next cycle, I have to request for new LOR only? Or do I have to start all over from OptomCAS? (Transcript, experience, personal info etc)

oh wow I didn't know that. If I were to reapply for next cycle, I have to request for new LOR only? Or do I have to start all over from OptomCAS? (Transcript, experience, personal info etc)
I think a lot of it is saved but I don't remember specifically if your transcript does.

I tried applying last cycle, but due to my low OAT scores I did not receive any offers. I am currently studying to aim for a higher score so I can reapply.

Is it bad taste to ask those who gave me a letter of Rec if they can send the same letter? Should I offer to shadow/volunteer them again? Or should I try to get new Letters of Rec by new people, which would be kind of hard due to these crazy Corona times.

Thank you.

i havent heard back either but was wondering if youve had any rejections either?

Thank you.

If you dont mind me asking what were your OAT scores? Im currently applying but my OAT score isnt looking too great so I wanna know if I even have a chance at getting any offers or if i would have to definitely retake the exam.

If you dont mind me asking what were your OAT scores? Im currently applying but my OAT score isnt looking too great so I wanna know if I even have a chance at getting any offers or if i would have to definitely retake the exam.
They were 300/310