Reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjseals9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am reapplying to dental school right now and have a few questions about the AADSAS reapplication cylce.

Do they keep my transcripts from last cycle? I graduated a few years back so my transcripts have not changed. Do I need to request them from my schools and pay to have them sent again?

Is it just me or did the experiences section change? I remember having shadowing under my experiences but when I look at it now, they aren't there...am I crazy?

If my last DAT score was sent to the schools I am applying to last September (when I took the last DAT), do I need to resend the official score report, or should they still have it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am reapplying to dental school right now and have a few questions about the AADSAS reapplication cylce.

Do they keep my transcripts from last cycle? I graduated a few years back so my transcripts have not changed. Do I need to request them from my schools and pay to have them sent again?

Is it just me or did the experiences section change? I remember having shadowing under my experiences but when I look at it now, they aren't there...am I crazy?

If my last DAT score was sent to the schools I am applying to last September (when I took the last DAT), do I need to resend the official score report, or should they still have it?

Thanks!

No they don’t keep transcripts and DAT scores, you have to send everything again. I applied 7 times to dental school before getting accepted and starting this August so I know how the cycle works by heart, unless there is a major change this year.

Good luck!

I am also reappyling! My DAT scores and transcripts are definitely still in my application and I can view them, as I chose the option to copy them from my last application when I restarted.

The shadowing option IS gone! It appears to be replaced by "Dental Experience" ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also reappyling! My DAT scores and transcripts are definitely still in my application and I can view them, as I chose the option to copy them from my last application when I restarted.

The shadowing option IS gone! It appears to be replaced by "Dental Experience" ?

Oh ok! I’m not reapplying this year as I was accepted, I didn’t know there was an option to keep everything, that makes things so much easier then.. *thinking about the 7 times I manually entered everything* :’(

Oh ok! I’m not reapplying this year as I was accepted, I didn’t know there was an option to keep everything, that makes things so much easier then.. *thinking about the 7 times I manually entered everything* :’(

Oh no, isn't that how it always works. This is my first time reapplying so it might very well be a new feature this year - I guess they learned from your labors! Saves us transcript fees too. When I logged back into the application site after May 15, it simply asked which parts I wanted to keep from my previous app. Obviously no letters or personal statement, and no individual program entries, but I think everything else was copied right away for me. Even my experiences are still there - though as has been pointed out, the ones categorized under "shadowing" have disappeared :p It forces you to review everything that's been reentered which makes it easy to update though.