Rearview Mirror: I've got Matchitis, and the only Rx is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow...where did everyone go?

back to reality for me monday. hopefully i didn't forget how to see a patient.

Members don't see this ad.

Went to a winery today. Super fun! Will have to do it again sometime...when I don't have to worry as much about driving home.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rare internet this month. and no tv...going to be a long month.

Don't know who is going to profit more from me this month...panera bread or blockbuster. Going to have to start finding red boxes.

Where did everyone disappear to?

Maybe a new thread should be started for the new interview season?

And you all need to spend more time on sdn padding it up.

Is somebody talking?

Maybe a new thread should be started for the new interview season?

And you all need to spend more time on sdn padding it up.

I don't feel like I'm allowed to have matchitis until I've gotten some interviews. Seems like it would be like having mono without doing any kissing.

I don't feel like I'm allowed to have matchitis until I've gotten some interviews. Seems like it would be like having mono without doing any kissing.

It could happen. :smuggrin:

This interview process is way too long. Who decided it should be this long, drawn out process? I am hoping things work out for the best. I am equally happy with 2 hospitals that I have rotated at, but still no interview offers from them. I know for sure one of them hasn't started yet, so that makes me feel a little better. The other probably hasn't started either as they just downloaded the apps.

This interview process is way too long. Who decided it should be this long, drawn out process? I am hoping things work out for the best. I am equally happy with 2 hospitals that I have rotated at, but still no interview offers from them. I know for sure one of them hasn't started yet, so that makes me feel a little better. The other probably hasn't started either as they just downloaded the apps.

ha! It just started, man! Marathon, not sprint!

I haven't gotten any interview invitations yet. All the same, none of my non-DO friends have either, so that gives me a modicum of hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
ha! It just started, man! Marathon, not sprint!

I haven't gotten any interview invitations yet. All the same, none of my non-DO friends have either, so that gives me a modicum of hope.

Good luck to you! They roll in in waves. I will go a week or 2 without hearing anything, then the next week 2 offers will come in. They tend to come when I just get that feeling that I've gotten all the interviews I'm going to get.

I've been sick since Thursday last week (almost a full week). And part of it is laryngitis. Told strict voice rest for a few days. I am dying here not being able to talk. Especially since I passed boards and I couldn't call people up! Oh well, that's what texting and email and SDN are for :) Now if I could just start my rotation that was supposed to start Monday... :eek: I may have to go in every day for the rest of the month just to make it all up.

I am reaching that point of wondering if I should turn away some interviews, but quite difficult to do when the bf hasn't gotten any offers yet. Just adds to his stress level too.

I am reaching that point of wondering if I should turn away some interviews, but quite difficult to do when the bf hasn't gotten any offers yet. Just adds to his stress level too.

I'm reaching the point of wondering if I should add more programs since I've only gotten one interview invitation.

I'm reaching the point of wondering if I should add more programs since I've only gotten one interview invitation.

Haha...ditto. I'm definitely already out of control checking my email obsessively...even though I know most offers won't come for another 3-4 weeks. 1 offer, but some how I thought I might have a couple more.

It's also a bit of an ego crusher when you see other users getting interview offers from programs you applied to...

It's still very, very early...I know.

Haha...ditto. I'm definitely already out of control checking my email obsessively...even though I know most offers won't come for another 3-4 weeks. 1 offer, but some how I thought I might have a couple more.

It's also a bit of an ego crusher when you see other users getting interview offers from programs you applied to...

It's still very, very early...I know.

Seriously. Or, when one of your friends, who has pretty much the same scores as you and the same transcript, gets an interview somewhere you applied. Especially hard to swallow when you got your app in on 9.01.09 and your friend just submitted last week. :scared:

Seriously. Or, when one of your friends, who has pretty much the same scores as you and the same transcript, gets an interview somewhere you applied. Especially hard to swallow when you got your app in on 9.01.09 and your friend just submitted last week. :scared:

Definitely understand the seeing interviews where you applied. I figure it's not a rejection really, rather just not an invite yet. I know you will never hear from some, but I figure that means I never got rejected ;) Hang in there. You are a month and a half behind me (with the app submission stuff) and I still don't have the optimal number of offers yet.

Some of the invites I have found confusing. As in not knowing which hospital they are from. Have done area code searches for a few. Have recognized it only by the last part of the email address on a few too. Not to complain though...still figured it out and happy to get the invite :)

How are you guys setting up interviews (picking dates)? I was choosing them according to if I was in the state at the time or not. Now some of them are starting to conflict and it's becoming more difficult. Most of my interviews are on Wednesdays, so I can't schedule them all in the same week in the same state. Either I will be flying a lot or asking for a different choice of dates. I would think they understand this, but I hate to be troublesome.

I have discovered that if sick for 2 days, you pay for it dearly later. Making up those 2 shifts can be quite the challenge.

Not to change the subject or anything, but does anyone know how much malpractice insurance is for EM? Is it as bad as OB?

Not to change the subject or anything, but does anyone know how much malpractice insurance is for EM? Is it as bad as OB?

I've heard it's not as bad as OB yet. But that's just from what I've heard. I would ask someone more reliable. ;)

Dean's letter is released in 10 days for me. Who knows what will happen then.

Wow...this thread is pretty much dead now.