Rearview Mirror: I've got Matchitis, and the only Rx is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since I have nothing better to do... If you ever have the chance to buy a short sale in real estate... don't. I'm still waiting to hear back from the sellers bank and I currently don't have a place to live...

Members don't see this ad.

Since I have nothing better to do... If you ever have the chance to buy a short sale in real estate... don't. I'm still waiting to hear back from the sellers bank and I currently don't have a place to live...

uh oh. What are you doing?

Going to be a short week for me (have Thurs and Fri off since I worked the hours last week). Can't wait! It's like a mini vacation that I couldn't get otherwise. Plus after all those hrs last week, I'm ready for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got back from about 5 days away. Loved the time off. Not ready to go back at all.

4 weeks left of this year. Too bad it's another 4 weeks of FM. Oh well, the first 4 went by fairly quickly...hopefully the rest will as well.

And we still need new posters. I can't carry this thread with a conversation with myself (even though it may appear that way at times).

Hi EM2BE! 5 weeks left here. Mine is surgery though - you win. I kind of want to die. All my energy is focused on the shelf from here on out. Blah.

Nice to hear from someone! And, no, I'm not at all jealous of you. And yes, I found that when I focused on things only for the exam, the rotation went much better. It also helped that I would disappear and go study in the library for a while every day (they knew I went...and never bothered me for it). I wish I got that idea before the last week of the rotation.

Holy crap I've still got a ways to go to hit 2k. I've been slacking this past year.

All this studying and crap really cut into my post padding time.

Oh, and what did you have done?

Imagine an IED going off in one's shoulder.
Actually, don't. I've seen what our soldiers experience and thankfully the sum total of my lifetime injuries doesn't scratch the surface of their 10/10 pain.
I had my shoulder repaired,3 procedures. Trying to get by typing left handed. Good thing I'm not working hard this month.
Also, thankfully, I haven't needed the first percocet, but I am going through the ibuprofen as scheduled.

Members don't see this ad :)
Imagine an IED going off in one's shoulder.
Actually, don't. I've seen what our soldiers experience and thankfully the sum total of my lifetime injuries doesn't scratch the surface of their 10/10 pain.
I had my shoulder repaired,3 procedures. Trying to get by typing left handed. Good thing I'm not working hard this month.
Also, thankfully, I haven't needed the first percocet, but I am going through the ibuprofen as scheduled.

oh wow - and I thought you were stating what one of your recent patients had told you. Hope things get better!

Holy crap I've still got a ways to go to hit 2k. I've been slacking this past year.

yes, you have been slacking. Don't let studying cut in to your padding time. Padding is much more important!

I'm here packing up my apt even though I have to stay for a little after everything gets moved. Obviously, packing is going quite well right now :p

I'm here packing up my apt even though I have to stay for a little after everything gets moved. Obviously, packing is going quite well right now :p
Instead of packing I went and spent time with the girl I'm seeing.

I'm not moving until next month, but I'm not gonna be at school again until then. Plus I get to go out of the country between now and then too :)

Instead of packing I went and spent time with the girl I'm seeing.

BF is on his way, so I have the time. I'm doing clinical work up until I move, so I have to pack when I have time and he's not here. And I wish I was going out of the country...maybe next year????

Oh, and moving in one week :wow:

and moving someone else this weekend or it wouldn't be as much an issue.

A need for more posters was mentioned, so just an M2 saying hi. Good luck to the newly-matched with moving and getting settled.

A need for more posters was mentioned, so just an M2 saying hi. Good luck to the newly-matched with moving and getting settled.

Welcome! And don't forget to stop by again!

So I'm in Nashville this weekend for a friends wedding. I have to say, the hotel room that was reserved for me is the biggest stinkin room I've ever stayed in by myself. Its awesome. The wedding tonight should be pretty great too. With the open bar and all... :D

2 days left :soexcited:

Then I get 2 study months!!!!!!

Huh. You guys are lucky. I've got another 5 weeks before the end of Peds. But good news is, my last week is on Peds EM, and after that, I scheduled a 2-week Peds EM rotation before I go to DC. :cool:

What's sad is that everything I've been saying I will do over my 2 mos, I will be doing everything but studying. Studying will have to be priority for certain hrs of the day, then I can work on the other stuff hopefully. I don't know how else it could all happen.

Anyone write a draft of the personal statement yet? I meant to write one and still haven't touched it. SDN time is much more important. Maybe next week I will write a draft up...

Huh. You guys are lucky. I've got another 5 weeks before the end of Peds. But good news is, my last week is on Peds EM, and after that, I scheduled a 2-week Peds EM rotation before I go to DC. :cool:

and ewww...but yay! So your 3rd yr runs to almost the end of July? or is it part of your 4th year prior to NIH?

and ewww...but yay! So your 3rd yr runs to almost the end of July? or is it part of your 4th year prior to NIH?
I finish my last clerkship of 3rd year on July 25th, the last week of which is Peds EM. Because I had the time, I also snuck in a 4th year elective before my NIH move-in date. With the overlap, I'll be on for 3 weeks straight with the same attending, so I'm hoping to snag a LOR! :scared: :D

at home with the fam. 1st time since Dec. very nice. Obviously quite busy right now.

Did I ever tell you all about the surprise twins I had during OB?

Had a crack mom come in to L&D with no prenatal care. I thought I saw a skull at the pelvis, but then found it in the RUQ. Still had the resident come in to check it out because I was unsure..he called the one in the pelvic area a butt. She went for c/s because it was breech...baby came out cephalic and 4.5 pounds. Resident went to pull out placenta and found feet. Second baby was 3.5 pounds. Reason she appeared to be full term.

Got the token today. Was excited. Now not so much since it meant more work than I wanted to do. Who cares what stupid hobbies I have? (none!)

lol, I've been avoiding mine. We started EM rotation yesterday, but due to luck of the scheduling, I don't have a shift until Saturday. But we have lectures all this week in the AM, so I don't even get to sleep in. Oh well.