Rearview Mirror: I've got Matchitis, and the only Rx is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of match time, this thread is created for you all to give away your secrets on how to deal. And of course for random padding from all non-4th years and 4th years.

Members don't see this ad.

In the spirit of match time, this thread is created for you all to give away your secrets on how to deal. And of course for random padding from all non-4th years and 4th years.

The Sunday starting Match week, I bought Halo. I had it essentially completed by Thursday morning. I haven't played since.

Well, I had to work all those days, so that is how I filled them.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Sunday starting Match week, I bought Halo. I had it essentially completed by Thursday morning. I haven't played since.
Fantastic idea! I have yet to play Halo3 [:oops:], and since Daddy needs an Xbox360, there's also Gears of War, Gears of War2, etc....

:idea:

... more cowbell?

... more cowbell?

Dang it! That was the FIRST thing I thought when I saw this. Oh well...

Missed it by... that much.

So psyched for tomorrow's Ravens Steelers game!!

Well I'm so psyched for costco pizza lunch and a 55 cent pop that I will refill 8 times before leaving. Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday is not a day of rest around here. Got to take the suits to the cleaners and write thank you notes before I take off again on Tuesday.

*sigh*

Thanks EM for starting the thread...I have been totally lazy this weekend after taking the Gyn Shelf.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with some of my classmates after the exam and they had crazy resident stories. Mine from the other thread were just the tip of the iceberg. For one, let's just say that giving 40 of K+ push is not the way to treat Conn's syndrome :eek:

Ding ding ding!
As much as I love ...

Dude! So... uh... what is your avatar portraying?

Someone please tell I'm not the only 13 year old here who sees naughty bits. :claps:

Though your tag is "baby catcher"... hmm....

Check out his "location" ... hmmm i think its a flower.

Thanks EM for starting the thread...I have been totally lazy this weekend after taking the Gyn Shelf.

No problem. Totally understandable you have been lazy.

Another note...had my first allergic reaction to something tonight (a hives reaction). Kind of weird when you can almost place what it is you had the reaction to (only new thing all day that you haven't had all week).

Also partook in the Costco experience. Only refilled 3 times though.

Also partook in the Costco experience. Only refilled 3 times though.

Well then you better bring that same cup back next week and take 2 samples from the pizza bagel station!

I think RxnMan is showing off a Georgia O'Keefe as his avatar.

And don't forget Left4Dead. It's good times.

Dude! So... uh... what is your avatar portraying?

Someone please tell I'm not the only 13 year old here who sees naughty bits. :claps:

Though your tag is "baby catcher"... hmm....
Ugh. No art majors in the crowd? :laugh:

Yes, it is/was a Georgia O'Keefe painting. Many of her flower paintings are...suggestive. I thought it was appropriate for OB/Gyn.

I've been switching around the theme to reflect my rotation. When I was on CCU my title was "LAD defender" and had a avatar of an EKG with ischemic changes. Now on psych, I have to think of something new...:idea: :laugh:

Wow.

Controversial call there deciding the outcome of the game.

Thoughts ?

TD for sure...had the ball on top of the line just for a second...huge win for the black and gold!

Actually feel like I did work today! I know, so sad, but it does help me feel like I am useful and not just in the way all the time.

I miss Chipolte. You have to go to NYC or Philly to find one. :thumbdown:

I love chipotle -- they are by far the best of the gourmet burrito joints. Mmmmmm

Obviously, I disagree with the Steeler fan above ;)

I'm just getting over my bitterness now.

And we have Chipotle all over Baltimore..mmm

Agreed... especially when the ref cites that it was a TD because the player had both feet in the endzone with possession of the football when that is not a TD. If the ball did cross the line, then the ref should have cited that as the reason for a legitimate TD. Though... I am THE Titans fan. I hope they show up to play this week and get that homefield advantage.

Agreed... especially when the ref cites that it was a TD because the player had both feet in the endzone with possession of the football when that is not a TD. If the ball did cross the line, then the ref should have cited that as the reason for a legitimate TD. Though... I am THE Titans fan. I hope they show up to play this week and get that homefield advantage.

The Steeler hater in me agrees. At least the Ravens still have a good shot, especially if they win in Dallas this Saturday.

Naw, y'all need to have a Freebird's burrito.

*drools*
It will take more than a flashy website to shake my customer loyalty!

We've got them in the Detroit area. Costco too...
Yeah, but the problem isn't so much that they're hard to find, it's that there aren't any where I am now. :thumbdown:

Back when I worked for U of CO, I used to get a Chipotle steak burrito (+ veggies + green sauce + red sauce + cheese and sour cream) with a orange mango Nantucket Nectar at least once a week. Then there were the burrito giveaways and the Halloween Costume competitions...

But I'm going back in approximately 54 hours, so I'll get my fix then.

And after 3 days on service, I find Psych has certain advantages over OB:

Being yelled at by patients >>> Being yelled at by residents

And after 3 days on service, I find Psych has certain advantages over OB:

Being yelled at by patients >>> Being yelled at by residents

Especially if the patients are yelling about the confederate army coming or that they want you to watch them pleasure themselves (seriously... needless to say, I did not partake).

One more day of eternal med. Ok, hasn't really been eternal, but it seems like I am there forever this week, and I even got done between 1 and 2 every day. Sign it's time to move on.

Especially if the patients are yelling about the confederate army coming or that they want you to watch them pleasure themselves (seriously... needless to say, I did not partake).
I haven't had any intereaction that were that exciting yet. But on my first day:

RxnMan: (standing at nurse's station, minding own buisness)...
Random Voice: Yoo Hoo!
R: ?
RV: YOO HOO!!!
R: (Turns around, sees a patient waving at him from across the unit) Yes?
Patient: Are you a student?
R: Yes.
Patient: Well, if you want to learn about bipolar disorder, just talk to me - I know all about it. ;) :thumbup:

One more day of eternal med. Ok, hasn't really been eternal, but it seems like I am there forever this week, and I even got done between 1 and 2 every day. Sign it's time to move on.
Yes, just when you become comfortable...:rolleyes:

Things seem to be taking forever at my Psych rotation - my Xmas break starts tomorrow evening, and I haven't been able to motivate myself to do much of anything this whole week.

It's two rotations later, but I have since realized that I learned a great deal on my IM rotation. Of the rotations I've completed, it was the best. Rounding for hours, yes. But malignant personalities were at a minimum, teaching was high, and I saw a lot of people get better. And my outpt IM was a good rotation too.

I haven't had any intereaction that were that exciting yet. But on my first day:

RxnMan: (standing at nurse's station, minding own buisness)...
Random Voice: Yoo Hoo!
R: ?
RV: YOO HOO!!!
R: (Turns around, sees a patient waving at him from across the unit) Yes?
Patient: Are you a student?
R: Yes.
Patient: Well, if you want to learn about bipolar disorder, just talk to me - I know all about it. ;) :thumbup:

I had a pt actually teach me about it. There are some high chromosomes and low chromosomes. Sometimes you have a lot up here and sometimes you have a lot down here. Simple enough right?

Yes, just when you become comfortable...:rolleyes:

Things seem to be taking forever at my Psych rotation - my Xmas break starts tomorrow evening, and I haven't been able to motivate myself to do much of anything this whole week.

It's two rotations later, but I have since realized that I learned a great deal on my IM rotation. Of the rotations I've completed, it was the best. Rounding for hours, yes. But malignant personalities were at a minimum, teaching was high, and I saw a lot of people get better. And my outpt IM was a good rotation too.

I agree about the teaching. Love it for that. Even did board reviews. Even rounding hasn't lasted hours like I've heard (most days start around 9 or 10, finish at the latest 4:30, usually 1-2). I think my head went on vacation mode as well because I start after tomorrow is over. That and this is my 8th week. Have definitely gotten comfortable with a lot, but still a lot to learn.

I had a pt actually teach me about it. There are some high chromosomes and low chromosomes. Sometimes you have a lot up here and sometimes you have a lot down here. Simple enough right?
:laugh:

The other day on rounds, the attending asked the patient about the condition of her implanted government tracking device...:laugh:

Another cure: flying. Was supposed to be at airports/flying for about 7 hours...first flight didn't leave until after I was supposed to make my final destination. Put on standby because all the connecting flights I needed were full. Luckily got put on flight one of 3 possibilities to make it home...probably because of last minute gate changes and people couldn't make it on time. Other's misfortune = my fortune. Finally made it to destination 8 hours after the originally planned time. And no, weather didn't play a part in my flying...it was their error on not having enough workers to check bags before even getting to security. Waited over an hour, then they called me to tell me they didn't have enough time to get my luggage on my flight (45 min). Should have offered to walk it out there myself.

But oh well...made it to destination in same day, which I was thinking was going to be a slim chance.

Been lying in bed for over an hour so family thinks I'm sleeping. Nice to have the alone time. Terrible of me though too.

My Matchitis cure of choice is Blu-Ray and my new 50" plasma. Season 4 of Lost, Band of Brothers, The Dark Knight...

Turning my brain off and zoning out now

The kiddo just got Rock Band, so of course I have to "help" by trying out the solo drum mode.

:D :horns: