Rearview Mirror: Matchitis 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
matched as well, part of a couple, her = psych

Members don't see this ad.

EM here I come!

Congrats to all who matched and start the final countdown!

Members don't see this ad :)
Matched! Celebrated enough yesterday for the whole week, but that won't slow me down for Thursday.

Congratulations to everyone and good luck to those who have stress ahead! I can't believe my year is almost up from internship. 3.5 more months, then newbies will arrive!

'Twas the night before Match Day, when all through the program,
Each resident was excited, sinus tach on the electrocardiogram,
About the powerpoint loaded and ready on the drive,
Poised to inform them about the interns soon-to-arrive.

Wanted to let all you fretting MS4's know that your future co-residents are anxious and excited about tomorrow, too. In my program, we're uber-stoked to learn about who will be helping us complete our residency corps. But the main point is to know that wherever that letter sends you tomorrow—be it your first choice or your last—everyone there is thrilled to have you!

'Twas the night before Match Day, when all through the program,
Each resident was excited, sinus tach on the electrocardiogram,
About the powerpoint loaded and ready on the drive,
Poised to inform them about the interns soon-to-arrive.

Wanted to let all you fretting MS4's know that your future co-residents are anxious and excited about tomorrow, too. In my program, we're uber-stoked to learn about who will be helping us complete our residency corps. But the main point is to know that wherever that letter sends you tomorrow—be it your first choice or your last—everyone there is thrilled to have you!

Thanks for the very nice post!

I'm a neuro girl but my roomie is matching in EM tomorrow and posts on here, so I thought I'd wish you all a best of luck! May you all match where your hearts desire,

and to whoever gets stuck with OMGWTFBBQ? as their colleague next year.....

she's a great ear to talk to and funny as hell, but ALWAYS leaves little bits of egg stuck on the pan after doing the breakfast dishes! Ha! I've been waiting four years to post that! feels good..... uh-oh, here she comes *runaway*

Good luck to you all today! And remember if you don't get exactly the location you were hoping for, there are many unlucky people out there that may not even have a spot or be in the same specialty they were wanting to do. If you keep that in mind you will be happy no matter where you land!

Passed the time by taking my Texas Jurisprudence Exam.

I now feel like I really wasted 2 days reading for that. I can't get those 2 days back, and I'm never going to use that information again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Passed the time by taking my Texas Jurisprudence Exam.

I now feel like I really wasted 2 days reading for that. I can't get those 2 days back, and I'm never going to use that information again.

As a plastic surgery fellow told me, "The only thing worse than taking that exam is taking it twice".

You're done and done. Just another hurdle.

As a plastic surgery fellow told me, "The only thing worse than taking that exam is taking it twice".

You're done and done. Just another hurdle.

At least it's a short exam. 50 questions, $63. Each question costs more than a dollar. Although it is the cheapest test I've taken in a long time.

Hows the weather there?

As anxious as I am for 1pm, I'm soo thankful to have matched and will be happy to go anywhere on my list! Hoping that these next 2 hours fly by...

What is with the post/spam filter message? Mine popped up "your post is bad and you should feel bad."

Also, 83 days until I'm free.

Reading about surge capacity.