Reasonable School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greatplainsmed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want some outside opinions about whether or not my school list is well-rounded/reasonable at this point. I'm a high GPA/high MCAT (all sections w/i 1 pt.) applicant (LizzieM upper 70s), will have a graduate degree, some physician interaction/shadowing, and extensive >1000 hours clinical experience, along with some, albeit limited, research/volunteer experience. Primary was verified June 20-25ish, All secondaries marked complete within 1 week of receipt and between 7/10 - 8/10ish.
Schools I applied to are:

Stanford
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Dartmouth
North Dakota
Colorado
Iowa
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Wake Forest
Virginia
Minnesota
Michigan
Mayo Clinic (MN) - received an "On Hold" notice

Members don't see this ad.

I actually think this is a dangerously short list because a good number of those may yield-protect against someone with very high stats. If I were you I'd add another ~5 schools where your stats are near the medians. WashU would be a great one to include for example, very minimal secondary and they love to interview high MCAT applicants. Others that would be great additions include NYU, U Chicago, Sinai, and Case Western.

I just want some outside opinions about whether or not my school list is well-rounded/reasonable at this point. I'm a high GPA/high MCAT (all sections w/i 1 pt.) applicant (LizzieM upper 70s), will have a graduate degree, some physician interaction/shadowing, and extensive >1000 hours clinical experience, along with some, albeit limited, research/volunteer experience. Primary was verified June 20-25ish, All secondaries marked complete within 1 week of receipt and between 7/10 - 8/10ish.
Schools I applied to are:

Stanford
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Dartmouth
North Dakota
Colorado
Iowa
Cincinnati
St. Louis
Wake Forest
Virginia
Minnesota
Michigan
Mayo Clinic (MN) - received an "On Hold" notice

Are you a resident of ND? if not, that was a donation.

As efle mentioned, Wake will think that you'll go elsewhere. SLU, you might be OK with, although they are a service loving school.

Suggest adding Hofstra, Keck, Emory, the Manhattan Titans, Einstein, Pitt, Duke, U Miami, BU to the list

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a resident of ND? if not, that was a donation.

As efle mentioned, Wake will think that you'll go elsewhere. SLU, you might be OK with, although they are a service loving school.

Suggest adding Hofstra, Keck, Emory, the Manhattan Titans, Einstein, Pitt, Duke, U Miami, BU to the list

Yes, sorry, I am an ND resident, very strong ties to MN, and family ties to Iowa and Virginia. I've started looking into the schools both you and elfe mentioned, WUSL was mentioned, are any others especially stat friendly vs. EC friendly? And are any notoriously friendly to later applicants?

are any others especially stat friendly
NYU, U Chicago, Sinai, Case Western. All of these places emphasize stats a lot.

If you hurry up and hit complete in the next couple weeks the lateness factor will still be very minor