Quantcast

Reassurance from Accepted Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MCATHELP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi! Like many others, I'm kinda worried. I have a 3.51 GPA (Biological Sciences and Neuroscience major, triple minor), and I got a 25O (9 VR, 8 BS, 8 PS). I'm very discouraged. I'm going to take the August MCAT, but I've read so many things about how the August MCAT delays your application and how you are less likely to receive interviews and even less acceptances. Are there any pros out there that can give some reassurance to those taking the August MCAT. Is there still hope? :( Thanks.

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is MORE hope with an August MCAT of 28+ than with an April MCAT of 25 w/no retake. Take it again and good luck.

MCATHELP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't a stupid question...but people do get interviews and acceptances right? :confused:

stinkycheese

Stinky and Cheesy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People do, yes. Ahh, Pinkertinkle clarified my dumb question. Brain.... fried... must go to bed.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, medical schools don't rule people out just because they're taking the August MCAT, they'll be saving quite a few spots for Augusters. No worries.

edik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about August MCAT. Just make sure your app is AMCAS complete and sent to schools early (as well as secondaries for those schools that do not prescreen). When those scores get there in mid-October, your want your app to be there. Remeber, it takes AMCAS a long time to process those transcripts and rec letters.
BTW, I was only complete by late October - early November. Still got 9 interviews, went to 6 of them, got 4 acceptances.
Don't worry. Just make sure you get over 30 on the MCAT.

Brickhouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OP - don't worry hon you'll be fine - boost your score at least 3 points and you're golden.

By the way - why do people triple minor?

MCATHELP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks for the assurance. I think I just needed someone to say it was going to be okay...from experience. :) Oh, and about the triple minor-I got a few credits from high school so was nearly completed with my one minor in Spanish (plus taking all bio classes made me crazy) and then the two others came from the double major.