1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Reassurance to MCATer's

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ZekeMD, Apr 18, 2004.

1. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    From reading the posts of those that just took the MCAT, it seems as if everyone feels they did horribly. I felt the exact same way, but it all worked out in the end. I thought you all could you some reassurance :thumbup:

I took my first MCAT last August and walked out of the exam thinking I'd score about a 20. :scared: I had some time left over during the exam and I actually went through and counted the questions I really wasn't sure on. I optimistically estimated that I'd get half of those correct. When I went to the scoring table I was about ready to break down. Using the scoring table from one of the practice tests, I would have scored about a 24! After putting in all those long hours of studying I was so upset. +pity+

When October came I received a 35!!! Needless to say, my worrying was all for nothing. My point is, I think just about everyone feels like you guys when they leave the test. Everybody questions their answers and has doubts creep into their minds. Don't question your ability! You know you put a great deal of effort into studying, and it will pay off! I have a feeling that many of you will be pleasantly surprised when you receive your scores. Until then, relax....there's always August (if you need it).

Oh yeah, a little luck never hurt either :luck:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JohnDO

JohnDO MS III
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for your kind words! Everyone had this look of despair on their face after the test yesterday. You could almost hear the collective "psssffhhhhhh" of all our hopes deflating.

4. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

Thank you ZekeMD

5. OrthoFixation

OrthoFixation 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Your kind words are appreciated Zeke. I really feel like that stupid exam took a lot out of me yesterday and for the last 3 months! I felt OK till the PS hammered me senseless.

It feels great to have some free time :D

6. dookbloo

dookbloo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i agree with everything zeke said. the exact same thing happened to me. very few people, if anyone, leave thinking they did well. thats just how this tests goes. good luck everyone

7. hamhamfan

hamhamfan internet fairy
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I was practically planning out my schedule so that I could take the April one. It seems so horrible because I lingered on some problems.. it just didn't go as well as a had did in the practice exams... I felt horrible after it. However, when the score came back, everything was fine.

8. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yes, I'd also like to agree with all the previous posters in that you shouldn't worry about the test now.......its over!!!!!!! But, its definately natural to freak out about it for awhile afterwards.....you guys are still in shock. Soon, the shock will go away, and you'll go back to your old lives enjoying life in the beautiful springtime. Then, June comes around, the suspense builds up, and everyone starts to freak out again. :rolleyes: And thus the application process begins...

9. Fermata

Fermata Hold me.
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nice avatar, mate.
    :cool:

10. DrSal

DrSal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hmmmm, i dunno if i believe you all. Well, did you have that same feeling i'm having now where you think every Q that was discussed from your test form in the mcat forum turns out to be WRONG!! It's so depressing... i feel like i couldn't have possibly gotten 60/77 right in the bio now...which was my strongest :(

11. Nuel

10+ Year Member

Zeke, your words are indeed reassuring . . .

August MCAters prepare for the worst, especially Kaplan-type PS.

12. felipe5

felipe5 Fingerpickin' Good
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thx fermata.....definately a musical inspiration of mine, especially since I broke my finger last week and have to adapt like he did...... ugggggggh :(

13. Wahooali

Wahooali The Real Sydney Bristow
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I'd like to believe ya'll that it will be ok, but I have this unshakable feeling of impending doom. I just keep realizing all these EASY BS questions I missed. I think I am up to about 5 that I know for a fact I got wrong, not to mention all the ones I do not know about. And I am TRYING not to think about it because goodness knows dwelling is not going to do anything now except make me feel like crap (too late for that). But now I know it is more than a feeling that I did poorly, I actually know I did. I am just so disappointed with myself. [pout] Ok, done venting for now. ::sigh::

14. ZekeMD

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Everything you're experiencing is normal...but don't let it get to you. I remember reading these boards and thinking OMG, I think I put a different answer for that question! The fact is, you can't change anything now, so why let it bother you. It will just make your life miserable if you dwell on it. All you can do it hope for the best!