Recent College Grad Taking gap years.

Started by B506234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

B506234

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated from college and am looking for some advice on finding a good gap year position. I am interested in working in a laboratory, and I plan on taking two, maybe three, years off before medical school. Pre-pandemic I was doing undergraduate research in a cancer laboratory, to which I think I'll return, part-time, to train another undergraduate - not totally sure if I'll be working full-time at this lab. Overall, I am interested in finding a position in which I'll cultivate lab skills and learn a great deal about doing scientific research.

Does anybody have any suggestions on job searching, networking, or general advice to somebody in my position?

Thank you!
 
If you have 2-3 years, you’d be valuable as a clinical research coordinator since they usually require a minimum of 18 months.