Recent College Grad Taking gap years.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B506234

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently graduated from college and am looking for some advice on finding a good gap year position. I am interested in working in a laboratory, and I plan on taking two, maybe three, years off before medical school. Pre-pandemic I was doing undergraduate research in a cancer laboratory, to which I think I'll return, part-time, to train another undergraduate - not totally sure if I'll be working full-time at this lab. Overall, I am interested in finding a position in which I'll cultivate lab skills and learn a great deal about doing scientific research.

Does anybody have any suggestions on job searching, networking, or general advice to somebody in my position?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you exclusively interested in biomedical research? If not, you could try these job boards for psych and neuroscience:

If you have 2-3 years, you’d be valuable as a clinical research coordinator since they usually require a minimum of 18 months.