Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I know this forum is mostly dead-- but I was wondering if any of you had read the lawsuit that is just happening?
Anesthesia was putting an epidural into a woman in labor -- and asked her husband to help hold her still. He passed out at the sight of the needle-- fell back -- hit is head and died 🙁 Now the family is suing the hospital--saying that their are responsible for his death. While I agree the anesthesiologist should not have used the family member to help them support the patient-- but I'm wondering -- does this mean if someone dies watching their wife give birth-- will that be a new liability? Furthermore, what if the husband wants to help comfort his wife while a needle is being stuck in her back? will we now discourage this all together? I noticed on my obgyn rotation-- the anesthesiologist woudl for the most part send the family out of the room when the epidural was being placed-- and I (trusty medical student) would help hold her still.
any thoughts?
snowinter 😍 😍 😍 😍
I know this forum is mostly dead-- but I was wondering if any of you had read the lawsuit that is just happening?
Anesthesia was putting an epidural into a woman in labor -- and asked her husband to help hold her still. He passed out at the sight of the needle-- fell back -- hit is head and died 🙁 Now the family is suing the hospital--saying that their are responsible for his death. While I agree the anesthesiologist should not have used the family member to help them support the patient-- but I'm wondering -- does this mean if someone dies watching their wife give birth-- will that be a new liability? Furthermore, what if the husband wants to help comfort his wife while a needle is being stuck in her back? will we now discourage this all together? I noticed on my obgyn rotation-- the anesthesiologist woudl for the most part send the family out of the room when the epidural was being placed-- and I (trusty medical student) would help hold her still.
any thoughts?
snowinter 😍 😍 😍 😍