Recession Warning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BLADEMDA

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TOP NEWS
LIVE TV
Dow tanks 800 points in worst day of 2019 after bond market sends recession warning

Dow tanks 800 points in worst day of 2019 after bond market sends recession warning

The yield on the 2-year Treasury note topped the 10-year rate, a so-called yield curve inversion that has been a precursor to past recessions.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
This is the "pullback" that I have been waiting for patiently. But, is this just a correction in a Bull market or the beginning of a Bear market due to recession fears?

If the FED doesn't cut rates at least 2 more times this year Trump will be staring down the barrel of a recession and a bear market.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is now almost a banana country. The autocrat-in-chief won't allow a recession before elections, regardless of cost. Mark my words. If you read "Fear", you'll see that he wanted to print money since 2017. Let's see who wins: Trump or the Fed. I am betting on the former (and against the American people).

Reactions: 3 users
On a somewhat tangential note, I'm refinancing both my home and student loans now. Can't take chances and hope that rates will drop again (at least on the mortgage).

Saving over $100k combined by dropping my mortgage almost a full point and student loans through SoFi (even though I was already with them, just reapplied).

I see interest rates going to all time historic lows as the Fed tries to avert a recession. Now, I don't agree that the Fed should be slashing rates to an all time low but IMHO that is what we will see before the year is over. The market is addicted to the Fed's opioids even if that isn't the correct solution to the problem.

Reactions: 1 users