reciprocating license from CA to GA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luzumo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a CA pharmacist and recently reciprocated to FL. The new job I just took on requires me to obtain a GA license as well. From what I understand you can only reciprocate from the original license which in my case is the CA one. I read on GA board of pharmacy website under FAQs and found "
A6.

Yes, the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy reciprocates with all states. Georgia reciprocates with applicants licensed in California after 2004. Applicants licensed in California prior to 2004 must sit for the complete pharmacy examination (practical and MPJE)."

However, under reciprocating requirements it said
"The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy reciprocates with all states with the exception of California. Applicants licensed in California must sit for the complete pharmacy examination (NAPLEX, MPJE, and Georgia Practical Examination). You may transfer scores from California undercertaincircumstances. Scoretransfersarereviewedbytheboardonacase-by-casebasis."

So I guess the question is whether I need to retake NAPLEX and also the GA practical exam. I got my CA license in 2010 fyi. Has anyone done this before I need your advices. Thanks a bunch

Members don't see this ad.