recommendation for a biostats resource for step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. McDreamy

resident hottie
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my school does not provide very much instruction in biostats for step 1 (like 3 lectures). since i've never taken any stats before this, i feel a bit lost when i look over the stats section of first aid. does anyone have any resource for a succinct review of the stats we need to know for step 1 (not a stats textbook, I don't need that much detail...but something with full sentences and paragraphs)? Like a BRS for stats (I already looked...it doesn't exist).

Members don't see this ad.

my school does not provide very much instruction in biostats for step 1 (like 3 lectures). since i've never taken any stats before this, i feel a bit lost when i look over the stats section of first aid. does anyone have any resource for a succinct review of the stats we need to know for step 1 (not a stats textbook, I don't need that much detail...but something with full sentences and paragraphs)? Like a BRS for stats (I already looked...it doesn't exist).

High Yield Biostats and Epidemiology. It takes a couple of hours to read and has everything (actually more) than you need for USMLE Step I. It's nicely written with loads of good examples. Relatively inexpesive too.

High Yield Biostats and Epidemiology. It takes a couple of hours to read and has everything (actually more) than you need for USMLE Step I. It's nicely written with loads of good examples. Relatively inexpesive too.

oh excellent! thanks.