Recommendation for Prep Book for Chem / MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

businessmd06

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I figured the best people to ask this question would be the ones who have already taken all the pre reqs, the MCAT and know can look back and say "If I would have had that book when I was actually taking Gen Chem / O Chem / PHY etc... not just for the MCAT prep, man would I have done even better in my pre req classes"

I am a non trad doing a 1 year program to knock off my pre reqs at NYU. Any advice on books you would think would be helpful additions to my studies to make sure I get A's would be appreciated!

Thanks for your input all!
 
Hm. Not sure if any prep books are good for what you're talking about since I used my prep books after doing the classwork. ExamKrackers certainly has some of the best stuff out there and all their books are very good. Alternatively, you could take a prep course before your prep classes. Those are often a really good summary that's very interactive.
 
I took a prep course through Kaplan, and that helped me gauge the level of knowledge I needed for the exam, and their practice exams really help.

Also look on the AAMC website, and they should still have some practice MCATs for free there.