recommendation waiver for additional letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totalcommand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to get a recommendation letter from my current research mentor. I joined his lab after my Premedical Committee Letter went out, so I need to submit his recommendation to several MSTP schools on my own.

Is there some standard recommendation waiver form I can use to send along with his recommendation. I'd rather not use interfolio for just 1 recommendation, it seems like too much money. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I need to get a recommendation letter from my current research mentor. I joined his lab after my Premedical Committee Letter went out, so I need to submit his recommendation to several MSTP schools on my own.

Is there some standard recommendation waiver form I can use to send along with his recommendation. I'd rather not use interfolio for just 1 recommendation, it seems like too much money. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

bizzump

I had a professor that insisted on sending letters directly from his office despite my school's letter service and requirement from medical schools that he use it. This practice was his personal policy. Every medical school accepted it as one of my letters.

I suggest you ask your letter writer to do the same and include his own cover letter including an official letter head. He can explain that he sends all of his letters directly to schools. Offer to give him preprinted and stamped postage. I don't see anything wrong with it.

sscooterguy