Recommendations for Books/Papers/Resources on Statistics and Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Taddy Mason

30 Helens agree
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As per the title of the thread, was curious as to any recommendations for books/papers/resources on statistics and research. Prior to med school I did some graduate work in social psychology which entailed some research, more critically looking at primary literature, and coursework in statistics, methods, and design, and also briefly worked in clinical research (primarily pharmaceuticals and devices, but also some investigator initiated research). That was almost 10 years ago now, statistics at my med school was pretty weak, my residency program doesn't have a journal club or really do much of anything in terms of discussing research or journal articles during rounds or didactics, and I've admittedly let my knowledge base in this area atrophy of the years. Now that I'm nearing the end of residency and have more down time I was hoping to do some more reading in this area. I've just started reading Ghaemi's book (A Clinician's Guide to Statistics and Epidemiology in Mental Health) as a sort of practical starting point but was curious as to any other recommendations anyone may have.