Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that we're past Midyear and it's time to get everything together.

Something that came up for a friend/coworker is that a program specified that one letter/reference should be from a supervisor. One person she was hoping to use a reference from is a pharmacist that we work with, and also did a rotation with. This person has worked there for about a year and a half and has worked under the preceptor quite a bit.

While this person is not a supervisor per se, technically a pharmacist that we work with supervises us as interns. Is that sufficient as far as meeting the "supervisor" definition? Is it appropriate to contact a program director and ask if that would be ok?

and Z, I did not ask my DOP, I've got an Inpatient Supervisor lined up for mine.

Members don't see this ad.

In my mind that definitely qualifies. As a student, I think of the pharmacists I work with as my supervisors more so then as my co-workers.

exactly, and as students we work primarily in the evenings when the supervisors aren't there. We were thinking it would be ok but wanted to see what others were thinking.