Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Residencies and Fellowships' started by njac, Dec 11, 2008.

1. njac

njac Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    So now that we're past Midyear and it's time to get everything together.

Something that came up for a friend/coworker is that a program specified that one letter/reference should be from a supervisor. One person she was hoping to use a reference from is a pharmacist that we work with, and also did a rotation with. This person has worked there for about a year and a half and has worked under the preceptor quite a bit.

While this person is not a supervisor per se, technically a pharmacist that we work with supervises us as interns. Is that sufficient as far as meeting the "supervisor" definition? Is it appropriate to contact a program director and ask if that would be ok?

and Z, I did not ask my DOP, I've got an Inpatient Supervisor lined up for mine.

2. RxWildcat

RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE!
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    In my mind that definitely qualifies. As a student, I think of the pharmacists I work with as my supervisors more so then as my co-workers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. njac

njac Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    exactly, and as students we work primarily in the evenings when the supervisors aren't there. We were thinking it would be ok but wanted to see what others were thinking.

4. ItsOverZyvox

ItsOverZyvox Retired
    Removed 2+ Year Member

Yup...that'll be fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...