1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ducki, Jun 15, 2000.

1. Ducki

Ducki New Member

What makes a good recommendation? I think I should provide some info for the people writing me recommendations. How long should it be? I mean, do the admissions committees really want to read 5-page letters?

Still Waiting For My MCAT Scores,
    Ducki

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mvalento

mvalento Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    yep, you should definitely provide those writing for you some info. at many schools (mine included) the professors of many typical pre-med classes (e.g. organic chem) are used to having people that they have never spoken to ask them to write recommendations. i gave all professors writing for me a transcript, statement of career goals, and resume including extracurricular activities and work experience. you would be surprised at how some react to that info- one professor said that he liked the fact that i worked in a machining shop because it showed that i had character! hmmm...well anyway, the pre-med department at my school recommends at least one letter from a bio prof, 1 from a chem prof, possibly one from a lab director or research prof and 1 personal (like from a rector or previous employer). any from someone in a medical field is valuable, obviously. good luck!