Recommended personal loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inspectah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have run out of money during medical school, and I won't be able to make it through the summer. I talked to my friends and I think a big difference between them and me is that I have to pay $3000 for health insurance every year and $2400 every year for credit card debt (which I used to pay for everything I needed to get into medical school because I had no financial support during undergrad). My school won't allow me to take out more money because I reached the cost of attendance, so I was wondering if there were any great personal loans that you guys would recommend that would help me survive during medical school.

Members don't see this ad.

Why aren't you eligible for Medicaid? You are only paying 200 on credit cards a month (minimum)? What's your total credit card balance? You are likely going to need a cosigner if you have poor credit and unfortunately personal loans often have high interest. And by the way I know the feeling during residency having to move twice and having kids finances can be an issue. Make sure you are budgeting and watching your spending.