Recommender asked for a paragraph of me "bragging"- help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZRobbins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
One of my recommenders asked for "at least one paragraph" of me saying "how awesome I am"/"bragging" (his words). I think I know what to write about, but I don't really know how to format it, how to start, or how long it should be.

Has anyone been asked this?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
One of my recommenders asked for "at least one paragraph" of me saying "how awesome I am"/"bragging" (his words). I think I know what to write about, but I don't really know how to format it, how to start, or how long it should be.

Has anyone been asked this?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.
Write about the achievements/qualities you'd like them to include in their letter

Reactions: 1 user
Write about the achievements/qualities you'd like them to include in their letter

That's actually a pretty good way to view it. How about you say something along the lines of: "I'm very uncomfortable being asked to brag about myself, but if you were to ask me what a dream LOR might say about me, it would be something like this:"

Members don't see this ad :)
Write exactly what you want him to put in the letter, use the AAMC guidelines for inspiration but dont be shy, if you can't talk about how great you are no one else can

Damn, sister, I'd send a whole chapter of braggy stuff to my letter writer! You want your PS to be humble but strong, and for your LOR writers to brag the living #@&! out of you! My boss told me to write my own LOR and he'd sign it, and he rejected my first effort and made me redo it because it didn't quite make me godlike enough.

Reactions: 1 user