Reconstitiution of cyclophosphamid - please help !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lager

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everybody
smile.png

I do not know if this question is asked in a right place, but I really do not know where I can seek help.

The problem is that when a pharmacist reconstitutes cyclophosphamide (using a closed-system transfer device - CSTD - Phaseal), insoluble particles appear in the syringe.
These particles are not an insoluble drug. They look like a kind of rubber stopper (from a vial). This situation only takes place during reconstitution of cyclophosphamid.
The drug manufacturer claims that the possible cause is the presence of ABS in a closed transfer system. However, the CSTD manufacturer claims that, of course, ABS is present in the system, but it has no contact with the drug.
Thus, my question is : Have you ever met or heard of similar situation?
If not, maybe could you advise me where can I look for a help ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.