Recording

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bolnoi

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a lecture recorder, and I noticed that it's possible to just put it in my pocket and record wherever i go. For example if i go to see a professor, then it's possible to reflect later whether i sounded the way i wantedt to sound,etc.

Also i have terrible speech defects. English is not my 1st language and I often mumble and stumble when I talk, especially when i'm about to start a sentence, and sometimes i swallow words. Today it hit me that i might try reading a novel to myself and record it. I notice that my voice sounds kinda pleasant. And also i notice that my pronounciation is generally ok(except that i do have a strong accent and i do pronounce words incorrectly unintentionally), but most times i understand what i say. Except that sometimes i read 10sentences fine but then i swallow the whole sentence and it's incomprehensible. I wonder if by reading aloud my pronounciation would improve?

Also girls, what do you think of east european accents?

Members don't see this ad.