1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Recording

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bolnoi, Dec 9, 2005.

1. bolnoi

bolnoi Membership Revoked
    Removed

I have a lecture recorder, and I noticed that it's possible to just put it in my pocket and record wherever i go. For example if i go to see a professor, then it's possible to reflect later whether i sounded the way i wantedt to sound,etc.

Also i have terrible speech defects. English is not my 1st language and I often mumble and stumble when I talk, especially when i'm about to start a sentence, and sometimes i swallow words. Today it hit me that i might try reading a novel to myself and record it. I notice that my voice sounds kinda pleasant. And also i notice that my pronounciation is generally ok(except that i do have a strong accent and i do pronounce words incorrectly unintentionally), but most times i understand what i say. Except that sometimes i read 10sentences fine but then i swallow the whole sentence and it's incomprehensible. I wonder if by reading aloud my pronounciation would improve?

Also girls, what do you think of east european accents?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.