Recruiter Will NOT Reply To Me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nattmelson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm decently distraught.

I'm trying for the Navy HPSP. I contacted my recruiting officer in July and we've really been struggling on my application, I feel like he's purposefully taking a long time to reply to me in general, but something has happened in the last month (yes, 30 days) that's made him literally not reply to any of my emails, phone calls, or texts concerning the state of my application. I feel like he's playing some sick game with me. It's getting me quite frustrated, should I just try and find another recruiter? The HPSP means the world to me and I'm trying so hard to get this done and over with so I can apply on time.

Thanks for looking.

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, I'm decently distraught.

I'm trying for the Navy HPSP. I contacted my recruiting officer in July and we've really been struggling on my application, I feel like he's purposefully taking a long time to reply to me in general, but something has happened in the last month (yes, 30 days) that's made him literally not reply to any of my emails, phone calls, or texts concerning the state of my application. I feel like he's playing some sick game with me. It's getting me quite frustrated, should I just try and find another recruiter? The HPSP means the world to me and I'm trying so hard to get this done and over with so I can apply on time.

Thanks for looking.

Go into the recruiting office and sit down and have a face-to-face.
Mine was at the MEPS. There were 4-6 people working there, and at least two were HPSP recruiters.

Ask his supervisor for a new one.

Yeah. Show up at a recruiters office and tell them you want to talk to someone that day....then stay until you get someone.

Be polite but firm

Members don't see this ad :)
I talk to ALL of my applicants at least once a week. I have a couple of med students that took gap years or who didn't get into med school the first try who I have stayed in contact with for over two years. They all have my cell number and can call or text me and I get back to them immediately. So that is unacceptable, I believe in the saying dance with the one who brought you there. If they don't treat you like your important then jump ship. You are just as important to the Navy as it is important to you.

I talk to ALL of my applicants at least once a week. I have a couple of med students that took gap years or who didn't get into med school the first try who I have stayed in contact with for over two years. They all have my cell number and can call or text me and I get back to them immediately. So that is unacceptable, I believe in the saying dance with the one who brought you there. If they don't treat you like your important then jump ship. You are just as important to the Navy as it is important to you.

100% agree....I wish I had an army recruiter like you but mine was a dud.

Reactions: 1 user