Red Cross Volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duhyesorduhno

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to volunteer at my local Red Cross office but I'm wondering if this is a good idea. Although the Red Cross has departments which are clinical, I doubt I will be doing anything more that answering phones and greeting people. I want clinical volunteering experiecne but with the HIPPA laws lack of school affiliated programs, it is hard to get such experince.

How did you guys go about gaining clinical experience and how did you guys find physicians to shadow? My local hospital allows students to observe physicians but the caveat is that you must find a doctor whose agrees to being observed.

This is quite frustrating :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

CCE. You get lots of hands on experience (literally).
Or look if you can get a scribe position. I think they are hiring around this time :thumbup:

CCE. You get lots of hands on experience (literally).
Or look if you can get a scribe position. I think they are hiring around this time :thumbup:

Yeah, CCE is a great experience, which I did years ago. I've also been a Red Cross volunteer, but I suggest volunteering at a hospital or clinic before, since clincal work is way more important.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your red cross has a first aid team you may be able to get some experience there. Have you asked?

I was wondering would Red Cross volunteering be considered community service? I believe so, but just want to make sure.

Do what everyone else does: sign up, do 1 day of volunteering, never return, then lie about it on your application.