Red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leonidas93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Classic Withdrawal question. In my senior year of High school I took an AP Chem lab class at my local university, hated it and withdrew...wasnt exactly thinking ahead. SO. now I have two W's on my app. I realize its not a deal breaker or that bad of thing...I guess im really just curious as to how it will be viewed in comparison to other W's. Would adcoms even make a distinction? Im more curious about how top schools will view it than middle/lower. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No one will make anything of it. You weren't even out of HS yet. Obviously you weren't dropping classes to protect your gpa or demonstrating an inability to handle the workload.... the sorts of things we think of when we see someone a few years into college taking a couple of Ws.

don't worry. also having only 2 W's is not a big deal and you probably won't even get asked about it during interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually did the same thing my senior year of high school, except it was physics at a community college with a horrible professor. I was a tiny bit worried about that W but I had many interviews and acceptances, so I wouldn't worry. It didn't come up in interviews once.

don't worry. also having only 2 W's is not a big deal and you probably won't even get asked about it during interviews

No one will make anything of it. You weren't even out of HS yet. Obviously you weren't dropping classes to protect your gpa or demonstrating an inability to handle the workload.... the sorts of things we think of when we see someone a few years into college taking a couple of Ws.

Welp...