Redoing Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Music MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 9 days to my test and I want to keep doing questions because I feel like it keeps me in the right mindset. My plan is to read FA like 1.5 more times also.. and take a practice test, maybe 2.

Surprisingly I've forgotten like 75% of the questions so it kinda feels like I'm doing new questions.. and I'm trying to force myself through the thought process even on the ones I know the answer to. Anyone else doing this? Or at least going through the incorrect ones again?

Members don't see this ad.

I have 9 days to my test and I want to keep doing questions because I feel like it keeps me in the right mindset. My plan is to read FA like 1.5 more times also.. and take a practice test, maybe 2.

Surprisingly I've forgotten like 75% of the questions so it kinda feels like I'm doing new questions.. and I'm trying to force myself through the thought process even on the ones I know the answer to. Anyone else doing this? Or at least going through the incorrect ones again?

I used UW through the spring semester and just reset it for my last 3.5 weeks of study time since I was down to less than 300 questions and they were all path or pharm. I also didn't annotate the first time around so I'm doing that after each block I take. So far I would say I recognize around 1/3 of the questions but I don't remember the answers on all of those so I'm still thinking through it.

I'm doing what you're doing for the same reasons. Just going through Uworld questions again to keep myself sharp and randomly review concepts/subjects I might just blow off. Seems to be the best way to not let it all slip away.

I used UW through the spring semester and just reset it for my last 3.5 weeks of study time since I was down to less than 300 questions and they were all path or pharm. I also didn't annotate the first time around so I'm doing that after each block I take. So far I would say I recognize around 1/3 of the questions but I don't remember the answers on all of those so I'm still thinking through it.

Yea I took notes into a notebook.. ended up being about 40 double sided pages of notes. TOOK FOREVER doing it this way. Wish I could have simultaneously put some of it in FA so I'd only have one resource, but then again its nice to have a notebook of the stuff I didn't know the first time through.

If anyone reading this hasn't started their Qbank yet, def def take notes! You will forget so much by the time you finish the qbank it's ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing what you're doing for the same reasons. Just going through Uworld questions again to keep myself sharp and randomly review concepts/subjects I might just blow off. Seems to be the best way to not let it all slip away.

Have you found that its a bit of a confidence booster? Redoing questions definitely makes me feel like "ok you aren't totally screwed, you mostly know what your doing".. whereas no questions at all and im just reading FA being like "**** do i remember how to answer these?"

try and answer the question without looking at the choices, and when you review the block, make sure you really read it thoroughly and actively.

try and answer the question without looking at the choices, and when you review the block, make sure you really read it thoroughly and actively.

I agree. It really helps keep the questions original because a lot of the time I won't remember the stem but I'll recognize the answer choices.. also you really really know it if you can give the answer without looking at the choices. :thumbup:

As far as reviewing, Im trying to minimize that part. I already spent in depth time reviewing each question the first pass through and I simply don't have the time to spend more than an hour on 46 questions I've already seen once. If I get it right, I'm only reading the educational objective unless I see something specific I know I don't understand well. If I get it wrong, I'm reading most of the explanation but still trying to keep it to less than a minute.

Definitely how I feel. I get 100% on questions I got right the first time and I get 80% on redoing the questions I missed.

I feel like this is really solid! I avg'd 61% the first pass through and redoing them I'm getting like 80-85%. So I'm getting about 60% of the missed questions correct the second time through.

Have you found that its a bit of a confidence booster? Redoing questions definitely makes me feel like "ok you aren't totally screwed, you mostly know what your doing".. whereas no questions at all and im just reading FA being like "**** do i remember how to answer these?"

Yeah I do. There is some recognition associated with it, so I make sure as I'm going through them I can explain to myself why the answer is the answer. If I just remember what the answer is but can't really say why then I'll mark the question and read through the explanation afterwards.