Reference from non-PT employer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ajsteeg

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if it would hurt me to upload a reference from a former employer that's not in the PT field. I worked in a kitchen for years and started when I was in high school. I was a cook and shift supervisor for 4 years total, and I worked under the head chef which I've known for a long time and built a solid relationship with. I already have 2 letters from PT's and one from a professor in my major, so would it be unwise to upload a reference from this person since it's not PT related? I feet like he would be able to comment on my commitment, responsibility and hard work, all of which he saw firsthand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

AJ

Members don't see this ad.

Should be fine. I have one. Many people have references from employers who were probably working in a different career field before switching to PT. As long as they can attest to your character, skillset, and how you would be a superb student for the program it should be fine. I think you can choose which letters of rec that can be sent if I'm not mistaken?

Reactions: 1 user