Refrence Books

Started by maxnm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maxnm

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aside from Bailey's or Cumming's does anyone have any advice for other refrence books for someone starting an otolaryngology residency?
 
maxnm said:
Aside from Bailey's or Cumming's does anyone have any advice for other refrence books for someone starting an otolaryngology residency?

Pasha is a good and pretty quick read. Pearls of Wisdom is also pretty good and is very high yield. I am not that big of a fan of KJ Lee (too many errors).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what atlas and text would you all reccommend for student doing their first oto elective. I have secrets, but I am interested in something more comprehensive as well, and of course, a good atlast with maybe some insigh into operative technique...but at the same time, something relatively more elementary so that it doesn't fly over my head. thanks
 
HiddenTruth said:
what atlas and text would you all reccommend for student doing their first oto elective. I have secrets, but I am interested in something more comprehensive as well, and of course, a good atlast with maybe some insigh into operative technique...but at the same time, something relatively more elementary so that it doesn't fly over my head. thanks

For a student, I would recommend Pasha as a nice, short text.

I would go with Bailey's atlas. It is pretty good for starters.