Regarding application deadlines for BU, Upenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treasure

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to gather input from people who have been accepted to IDP programs / are planning to apply this year regarding application deadlines for most programs. The reason for my query is that tho' places like BU have deadlines in end of Feb/ March , they do give preference to early applicants or so it seems. In short, my question is how late is " too late?" Same question for UPenn. Is it true that if u send in applications later than dec or so , your chances get poorer?

Any advice will be of great help to me in deciding when to take my part 1.
Thankyou,
Treasure. :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The later you apply, the less seats available and thus, tougher the competition.

Hi Meggs
Thanks for your prompt reply.
So am I right in assuming that most of the seats are actually filled by the time of application deadline?
Also, do u think applying in October is a reasonable time assuming of course my scores are adequately "high" to expect an interview call?
Treasure

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they'll necessarily be filled by the deadline. But by that time the AdComs will have a pretty clear view of the type of applicant they'll be getting, I mean like a profile. And then they can become as picky as they want, or fall as "low" as they need to get their seats filled.

Take NYU as an example. In previous years NYU had (and still has if you take a looks at nalini's husband list) one the lowest average scores as requirement (not only in IDP, but on regular DDS as well). But as time goes by and the competition increases, they get applicants with higher scores and thus they pick from the highest as well, raising their average score requirement. Does this makes any sense? Hope it does, bye.

Hey Treasure..

All this is because of the "rolling admissions" system.. I would apply by December or earlier, if possible. Two of my friends had similar scores, but one had an easier time only because of an early application. Good luck. :)

Tasha

Thanks meggs & totally tashafor your reply.
I think i will have to take my exams latest by early October to have any chance of sending in my applications in time......
Thanks again for the advice.....
Bye...