regarding inevitable abortions....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sucker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can u tell what does it mean?

'INEVITABLE ABORTION
Rarely, a gush of vaginal fluid during the first half of pregnancy is without serious consequence. If not emanating from the bladder, the fluid may have collected previously between the amnion and chorion. Because of this possibility, if a sudden discharge of fluid in early pregnancy occurs before pain, fever, or bleeding, then diminished activity with observation is reasonable. After 48 hours, if no additional amnionic fluid has escaped and if there is no bleeding, pain, or fever, then a woman may resume her usual activities except for any form of vaginal penetration. If, however, the gush of fluid is accompanied or followed by bleeding, pain, or fever, abortion should be considered inevitable, and the uterus emptied.'

* my queries....cant understand the bold text
secondly,how many of you practise this protocol?

Members don't see this ad.

Bleeding usually happens to my friends who have experienced pregnancy already. They said that when the first time it happened, they were scared to death because they thought their baby has been aborted. So you happen to experience this, I think you must consult your doctor right away to proper diagnosis.

Last edited:
Inevitable AB is when the cervix is dilated there is vaginal bleeding and cramping before 20 weeks gestation
Missed AB- fetal death before 20 weeks gestation
Threatened AB- bleeding w/o cervical dilitation no passage of products of conception
Incomplete AB abortion before 20 weeks with partial fetal or placental tissue remaining in the uterus ( some POC ( products of conception) passed)

The bold material refers to PPROM before 20 weeks ( premature rupture of membranes if this happens prior to 20 weeks the outcome is poor as the fetus will likely spontaneously abort. Most will recommend termination. If the preganacy continues and if low fluid remains pulmonary hypoplasia often occurs ( little lung tissue develops and hence the fetus will die at birth)