Regarding Math requirement...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bootylicious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since many med schools will not be accepting AP credits for math (I received credits for 2 semesters), I was wondering if I should take those two classes that would've taken over that requirement. However, my situation is different. I took the Calc. Level III for Engineers and I received C+. So, should I go on and take Levels I, II or move on to higher level math as Differential Eq., etc.? I haven't taken any math class after Calc. Level III and that was first semester of 1st year college, so I am extremely afraid of math right now :eek: ... and I am an old... 3rd year...

Ty.

Members don't see this ad.

Check with the medical schools in which you intend to apply that have this requirement and ask them what classes qualify. Doesn't statistics qualify as math? That wouldn't be as difficult a class, in my opinion. I don't think there are any schools that require more than one year of math, so perhaps statistics in combination with the Calc III you have already taken will be sufficient? Again, check with the schools.

Since many med schools will not be accepting AP credits for math (I received credits for 2 semesters), I was wondering if I should take those two classes that would've taken over that requirement. However, my situation is different. I took the Calc. Level III for Engineers and I received C+. So, should I go on and take Levels I, II or move on to higher level math as Differential Eq., etc.? I haven't taken any math class after Calc. Level III and that was first semester of 1st year college, so I am extremely afraid of math right now :eek: ... and I am an old... 3rd year...

Ty.

I assumed you took AP calculus BC. If I were you, I would take calc 3 and 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I did take BC. Will Psychology Statistic count as math? I thought Psyc classes aren't even calculated into science gpa. I'm confused.

Yes, I did take BC. Will Psychology Statistic count as math? I thought Psyc classes aren't even calculated into science gpa. I'm confused.
Check with the medical schools in which you intend to apply that have this requirement and ask them what classes qualify.

Then learn to pay attention to everything that is said in previous posts. SpicedManna provided the solution to your problem straightaway.

Thanx dropkickmurphy... really... thanx...