Registering for MCAT Exam Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macfan101

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT next summer between my sophomore and junior year. I know that you're suppose to register well in advance so lets suppose I register in May for September date. I plan on studying once classes finish in May and take MCAT in september but obviously if I am not scoring within my target range by september, I won't be taking it. So what would you do in that case, cancel MCAT date? Would this have any penalties or is it normal?

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on taking the MCAT next summer between my sophomore and junior year. I know that you're suppose to register well in advance so lets suppose I register in May for September date. I plan on studying once classes finish in May and take MCAT in september but obviously if I am not scoring within my target range by september, I won't be taking it. So what would you do in that case, cancel MCAT date? Would this have any penalties or is it normal?
I think you will lose your money...That is the only penalty.

It's normal to re-schedule. Lots of people do it. You lose your initial registration fee.

There's a roughly 2-week deadline prior to your test date where you are allowed to either reschedule or cancel your mcat. If you choose to reschedule at this time, you have to pay an additional $70 for the future date. If you choose to cancel at this time, you will forfeit half of your initial payment and be refunded the remaining amount ($120 I believe). After this deadline has passed, you are not able to reschedule (you have to pay the full amount again for a new test date) and you aren't able to cancel (regardless if you take th test or not, you will not be refunded at this time).