Regretting my ROL secondary to Prick MD

Started by PSYCHOOPS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t find psychoops’s story unbelievable. Never underestimate the quantity or frequency of bad psychiatry out there. Psychoops is guilty of a lack of fortitude in decision making, but he/she may be paying for this the hard way (you have to let us know in a few hours, we have invested too much time following your story without getting a report of the outcome). Psychoops did rather run and jump off the cliff at the first sign of psychiatry bashing. I hope you get into psych and I hope your skin gets thicker because this will happen again.

By the way, as an MS-IV, you should have learned that all Benzos have an inherent depressogenisity. When the Triazolobenzodiazepines (like Xanax) came out, there was great enthusiasm about them not causing or worsening depression, but this has been shown to be wrong. Don’t bother studying Xanax as an antidepressant, there is lots of evidence it is the opposite. It would be an easy study to recruit for. As an investigator, I can tell you that the only thing worse than a study that is impossible to recruit for is a study that is too easy to recruit for. Best of luck in 3 hours. There are only 3 possible outcomes for applicants in the match: :arghh: / :bored: / :soexcited:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bumping this 7 years later..so are you a psychiatrist or internist now? Hope it all turned out well!
 
Not sure what's more impressive: the necro, or the fact that it's your only post in 4 years...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the fact that he has never posted outside of that thread makes it highly unlikely he'll respond to this.
 
Damn what a wild ride. I call fake lol. This is a cringebait.

1665371853522.png


I don't think OP will ever come back to update us...
 
So this morning, my 4 year old grand daughter was at our house by 7:15 because her brother's parents have a parent teacher meeting and my wife wanted me to help her walk the dogs so I was later than usual. As I left, my granddaughter followed me into the garage and ask why I was leaving. I told her I had to go to work. She asked my what I did at work and I said I helped to manage a system that takes care of mentally ill patients who need our help. She said "my mother told me you were a doctor". I said "I am a doctor", and she said "but your are not a real doctor". I decided not to argue with a 4 year old and left.