Regular Classes

runner13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking regulars and i was wondering, is it better to take an AP class?

Members don't see this ad.

You mean regular classes vs. AP classes in general? AP classes look good and can offer college credit in some cases, but it also depends on what your high school offers. Is there an option for honors coursework as well?

Taking AP classes gives you the advantage of seeing the material at least once before you take said course in college or skipping out on that intro class if your institution accepts AP credits. So overall, it could be useful to take AP courses but by no means necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I was thinking about taking an AP class, but I'm nervous that I'm not going to do as well as I am doing in regulars. Is it worth it?

Taking AP classes gives you the advantage of seeing the material at least once before you take said course in college or skipping out on that intro class if your institution accepts AP credits. So overall, it could be useful to take AP courses but by no means necessary.
I have all A's in all my regular classes. Is it worth to risk that for AP classes?

Depends on the class but in most cases I would say it's worth it. If you're doing well in regular classes you might as well challenge yourself a bit since the road to being a physician isn't easy.

Depends on the class but in most cases I would say it's worth it. If you're doing well in regular classes you might as well challenge yourself a bit since the road to being a physician isn't easy.
Thank you for the advice! Looks like I have to change my schedule when I go back to school.

Since this is your first AP course, I also want to add that it's important to pursue a subject you're comfortable with. If you're not particularly strong in math, for example, I wouldn't take AP Calc (unless you want to challenge yourself). Just don't lose sight of your GPA.

The nice thing about AP classes (at least at most high schools), is that it's under a weighted GPA system which offers a sort of GPA protection that one won't be privy to at the collegiate level.